Saturday, April 4, 2009

Experince in blogging for EDU 3217

Blogging is really interesting. I heart it to the max. I mean come on people. Blogging is so much better than writing a typical topic instructed essay. Of course when you are writing blog for this course, Teaching the Language of Drama, you obviously have got to write something which is related to the course, at least something relevant to the course and activities that we do throughout the course. It is not bad at all because for me, I prefer blogging than writing a very academic and educational essay. I have more freedom and power to write whatever opinions or ideas I have.
Frankly speaking, when I first received the course outline, I was so happy to come across this word ‘blog’ stated on the paper. Then, come to think of it, blogging for this course would not be as fun as blogging for my personal blog. There must definitely be some guidelines and topics given on how the blog should look like and contain. I am seriously not into writing some academic stuff because I am horribly terrible in it. But, I was just wrong. Blog is still blog. I was not restricted to specifically write a very academic blog though. It was more of a reflection of what we learn in class. For me, reflection means my opinion. So, I kind of knew at that point itself that this was going to be fun after all.
So, I wrote and wrote and blog every time I felt like to and whenever I had chance to. Then, a couple of weeks ago, Dr. Edwin decided to take a look at the progress on the blog. And to my surprise, all five blogs that I had written so far at that moment were all reflective. Reflective in the sense that they were good. I cannot describe how I felt at that time because being a regular blogger myself; I obviously should be able to produce good blogs. It just couldn’t get any better than that. Starting form that point of time, I was more than happy and motivated to write more blog for this course.
Last week, Dr Edwin had arranged some interview with this one fella on blogs and forums. Obviously, I would indecisively go for blogs because that’s what I like doing. As for forums, I think it’s just too restricted that it bores me to hell. It is not like I have issues with forums or whatsoever, but in my OPINION (solely my own opinion), I prefer blog over forum. Why? Simply. Hehehe.
I think blog is indeed about reflection in what you have learned and gone through. It is like a place where you can say and write things. You are given full freedom to write and blog on whatever things that you feel like to and as far as this course is concerned, there definitely should be relation and connection to what you learn in the course. For those who disagree, come on people. How many times are you given full freedom by Dr Edwin to write things you have in your mind? I mean although it is in a form of reflection, but you are free to write and pour out all the ideas, feelings, or what not in your blog. Do you ever think that it could get any better than that? No because instead of being given lots of written assignments, I would rather blog. Probably, some people may fond it very tedious and troublesome to get an internet connection, get connected to blogger and blog. Yes indeed there is no question about it especially when internet connection in UPM is just “TOO GOOD” to be true. But hey, if there is a will, there is a way, right.
As I write blogs and read my friends’ blogs, they actually help me to understand whatever topic I learned in class. As I was reflecting, I at the same time was reinforcing all the ideas and knowledge I had gained from the entire lesson in Dr Edwin class. I think it is definitely a good way to get me and my other friends to understand the lesson better.
In this very high tech era, blog has actually become very popular and Dr. Edwin has actually taken advantage of it and turned it into a very educational and informational thing. It is amazing right? Yes? No? A definite yes indeed it is. Come to think about it once again, Dr Edwin probably is not the first to feature this in his course, but it’s a good effort and idea from him. Not just because I like it, but everyone does too I think. What’s next? Will you guys keep blogging in the future? I don’t know about y’all but I definitely will. Feel free to visit my blog. I am more than happy to have y’all to read. Till then, keep blogging people!!

3 comments:

  1. I know you are into these blogs thing since so long ago.No wonder you all are so into it because it's really interesting.This course gave me the first experience of blogging and i started to enjoy writing blogs.As you said, blogging is much better than writing essays on the literature topcs.What you have said about blogging is true.It's all about our feeling towards it.So, there is no restriction for us to share our feeling and convey messages about this course.We should actually thank our lecturer for giving this opportunity for us to be in touch with technology.Being a reflective person is hard for everyone.This course would be the first step for most of us to become reflective persons.
    As future teachers, we should actually continue blogging to evaluate our progress as teachers.It would be a good suggestion if we were able to apply this to our students an let them be reflective learners at younger age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. em,kinda true,but for me blogs are not really suitable for students of their age,they should be given something more guided like Forum. And that is on eof the reasons why i don't really like forum,its just too restricted.
    And as for you, continue bloggig=ng,
    dont stop here k.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, sile update ur blog okieee!!=D

    ReplyDelete