Monday, March 30, 2009

The Creator of The Swordfish, Then The Concubine


I cannot but to really desperately blog on this. Today, Kee Thuan Chye, a famous author cum actor cum playwright paid a visit to UPM. He was invited specially by Dr. Edwin to share his experiences and give a talk on some of the things about his writings and creative works. I was so flattered to finally get to meet a person who wrote one of the plays I study for this course this semester, The Swordfish, then the Concubine.
I know Kee Thuan Chye from a few drama series he acted in. The most memorable ones would be Kopitiam and Each Other as the editor of KLue magazine. Never had I imagined before that I would some days meet this fella in person. He is such a great person, very inspiring though. He writes quite number of plays and books already and indeed, he is multi-talented as well. He is not just an actor, a journalist and a playwright, but he is also a good speaker. Listening ot his speech for almost 2 hours has given me so many insights about his self and his writings. He talked on how he started writing and his view of the world scene today.
He is obviously a good observer of what’s going on these days around us. Kee Thuan Chye writes a lot of things which relate well to the political scene and allegory in Malaysia. Being an individual who lacks knowledge of politics and all these sorts of stuffs, I refrain myself from commenting and giving my own ideas and opinions about it. Kee Thuan Chye, instead, is very determined in writing about it that some of his writing works and books are very controversial.
Nevertheless, Kee Thuan Chye is indeed one great individual. Why? He has accomplished many things that it’s just TOO may for me to list it here. He inspires me in some ways. How? I don’t know but yes indeed, I was inspired when I listened to his speech about his successful career especially. All and all, I think hard work is the most important. Hard work will pay off people. Whether you want to believe it or not, that’s the way it is. I am sure I need not explain further on that. But, that is indeed one of the keys to success. So, if one wants to be one of those successful people, HARD WORK is the answer!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment